Yours truly believes every morning should begin with a stretch -- even though this IS a downward DOG, your Mz Paws never discriminates!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Mz Paws In Love with Josh Ritter



TRY OUT
Josh Ritter's
NEW CD

"SO RUNS THE WORLD AWAY"


(A quote from Shakespeare, for those literary cats, like me, who would dare to care about such things.)

Of course, being a sophisti-cat, I do, upon occasion (and if the pay is good -- just joking, of course!) paws for a moment to mention a good book or CD or something other than what I usually meow about here -- my Nine Laws For Good Living, shrimp and the oil in the Gulf, and how the paparazzi have been chasing me, etc.

I happened to be listening to NPR one day and along came an hour-long interview with a very well-spoken man named Josh Ritter. Oh, but it was the music that captured my heart. Yes, my friends, your Mz Paws is IN LOVE!

You can have a listen and a look-see at www.joshritter.com

The lyrics on the new album are, to put it simply, which is how I, Mz Paws, try always to put things -- but I digress. The lyrics of many of the songs on "So Runs the World Away" are quite worthy of Mr. Shakespeare, himself. Imho. And, lest you be thinking that this constitutes hyperbole, giving credit where it is not due is definitely not one of my foibles. In fact, imho, I have very few foibles at all. Except to have fallen in love now.

Sigh.
Always your,
Mz Paws

No comments:

Post a Comment