Yours truly believes every morning should begin with a stretch -- even though this IS a downward DOG, your Mz Paws never discriminates!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

To Lighten and Brighten Your Day




Life Brings
Such
Unexpected
Things!


While on vacation, yours truly practiced Laws #2 and #3 in a snow-white bed in a lovely location by the sea. Naturally, it was a Master size bed -- yours truly expects the best, after all. As should you, dear reader. We are all worth having the best that life offers.

Yours truly did a bit of exploring while on the Master Bed, and to my delight, found a poem tucked in the pillow (it always pays to inspect one's surroundings!). I would like to share this lovely poem with you. It is about yours truly -- in one of my previous lives, of course. May it lighten and brighten your day, as it did mine!

The Cat and the Wind
by Thom Gunn (from The New Yorker, 11/27/1978)

A small wind
blows across the hedge
into the yard.
The cat cocks her ears
--multitudinous rustling
and crackling all around--
her pupils dwindle
to specks
in her yellow eyes
that stare first upward
and then on every side
unable to single out
any one thing
to pounce on,
for all together,
as if orchestrated,
twigs, leaves,
small pebbles pause
and start and pause
in their shifting,
their rubbing
against each other.

She is still listening
when the wind is already
three gardens off.

I do hope you have enjoyed this poem about your Mz Paws as much as I did! Please do let me know by clicking in one of the boxes below! You can find more of Thom Gunn's poetry by clicking here.

Always your,
Mz Paws

3 comments:

  1. Your Mz Paws would purrrsonally like to thank Sue, Janine, Pat, Nancy, Marilyn, Lou, Susan for your comments, which I received via pigeon courier. And thank you to all my fans.

    Always your,
    Mz Paws

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mz Paws, you always brighten my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mz Paws, that bed thing, well here's what I wanna know. do you drape your sleek stretched out self side to side on a bed OR do you go slinky style next to the warm beings that might be in it? If your answer to this question is already in one of your Rules, my apologies, but if it isn't, I think it should be added as a Rule: ALWAYS lie crossways on any "bed" where there are other warm beings! Raven says!

    ReplyDelete